This course is ideal for those wishing to achieve a LANTRA Certificate of Competence through Integrated Training and Assessment (ITA) in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-cutting. It will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only confident when using a chainsaw but also aware of relevant health and safety requirements making sure you stay protected.
Who is it for?
This course will be suitable for you if you work in, or are looking to work in any of the following industries:
- Woodland industries
- Local Authorities
- Land-based industries
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Overview of the chainsaw and maintenance equipment
- Power unit maintenance
- To understand the function and maintenance of the drive sprocket
- Maintaining the saw chain
- Maintaining the guide bar
- Starting the chainsaw and pre-cutting tests
- Cross-cutting timber
- Clearing working area and work equipment checks
Equipment required as per pre-course hand-out:
- Operator’s maintenance kit and equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
This course culminates in a LANTRA Certificate of Competence through Integrated Training and Assessment (ITA) in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-cutting.