This is an integrated training and assessment course, ideal if you work in landscaping, horticulture or grounds maintenance. Our experienced instructor will guide you through how to use the mower expertly. You’ll also learn pre-cutting tests, machine specific maintenance, and health and safety guidelines.
The duration of the course will depend on how many cutting mechanisms you want to cover and how many candidates attend the course. We will be able to cater for both novice and experienced users. A Lantra Award Certificate of Competence will be achieved on successful completion of the course.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the risks associated with the use of different types of ride-on and pedestrian mowers
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Identify the controls and components
- Carry out daily checks as indicated in the operator’s manual
- Carry out pre-start checks
- Identify and report any faults
- Adjust the cutting mechanism to achieve the required standard
- Operate the machine in a safe and competent manner
- Perform after-use maintenance
- Load and transport the machine (if appropriate)
- Identify the health and safety features required on a mower
- Organise the site and use a systematic method of working where possible.
Once you’ve successfully completed our course, you’ll receive a certificate of competence.
- General safety
- Risk assessment
- Hydrostatic drive
- Cutting mechanisms
- Controls and equipment
- Daily checks
- Safe methods of operation
- Working on slopes
- Driving on public roads
- Safety with fuel
Equipment required as per pre-course hand-out:
- Ride on and Pedestrian Mower (optional – equipment maybe hired with an additional cost)
- Operator’s maintenance kit and equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)